EU Business model innovation platform design workshop
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Ljubljana, Šmartinska c. 106
Type of the event:
by invitation only
Ljubljana, March April 16th, 2014—For development of the application to the EU Call Understanding and supporting business model innovation we are going to organise the workshop to design EU Business model innovation platform. The workshop will be held in the spacious hall of the Dancefloor school in Šmartinska cesta 106 in Ljubljana on Friday, March 18th at 12:00 CET. If you are a business model innovator and would like to participate in the workshop, contact us.
In the name of dŠola Ljutomer, we have invited approximately 50 business model innovators to design the EU Business model innovation platform. The business model canvas will be used to facilitate some possibilities for the new business model innovation platform development. We also expect our distinguished guests and partners from designaustria and Red Dot centre to arrive and participate in the workshop.
Introduction to the problem
The story of your current business model can be constructed by three basic questions:
- How does your organisation create value?
- How does your organisation deliver value?
- How does your organisation capture value?
The pattern of the business model called platform is known. Although platform patterns of the business models were de facto standard in some industries, we have observed some extremely successful disrupter’s of that business model pattern, f. e. Airbnb has succeeded to disrupt both the real-estate agencies and the hotel industry business models by being design driven and using design thinking and industrial design approach.
Business model innovation (BMI) is different than product and capability innovation and requires unique platforms, tools and skills.
These are the criteria to assign the business model innovation platform: + excellence; + impact; and + execution. The European Commission aims to address with this call all the companies not only small and medium size (SME) enterprises. The goal is to reach 10 % of the 2 million European SMEs with this platform.
In this workshop we’ll address three important questions in business model design:
- What is the value proposition of the EU Business model innovation platforma and how does the value proposition differ for Key partners and Key customer segments of the platform.
- What should be the backbone of the EU Business model innovation platform? We need to have in mind that European Commission specified that the existing channels should be used.
- And the final question si: What would be the greatest possible impact and the sustainable effect of the EU business model innovation platform? We need to have in mind that the European Commission is willing to invest app. 3 million euros. The duration of the project is three years and the minimum of three partners from three different countries have to be in involved in the project consortium.
Program and duration of the workshop
#2 iteration of EU business model innovation platform;
“Pitch One Business Model” competition.
Organisation of the workshop
Parking spots for all participants will be available in front of the Dancefloor free of charge.
For all the participants coming from the direction of Maribor we’ll organise a shuttle transfer. Meeting point is at 9:00 AM at the parking spot of the main train station in Maribor. The number of seats available for shuttle transfer is limited, so please reserve your seat ASAP.
The workshop will be facilitated by Marko Savić.