Ljubljana, April 12th, 2013- Call for EU research and innovation: Clusters and entrepreneurship in support of emerging industries
If you might be interested in applying for this grant, contact us as soon as possible.
The call invites interested regional organisations to submit, in a first stage, a short “concept note” on their vision of how to promote entrepreneurship in regions by using clusters as platforms with a view to supporting the development of emerging industries. The concept notes shall be submitted by 17.04.2013. The “winners” of this first round will then be invited to submit full proposals by 22.08.2013 outlining in detail how a ‘systemic approach’ shall be followed to reshape existing industrial value chains and/or to create new value chains thereby stimulating growth and employment.
The main objective is to facilitate the reshaping of existing industrial value chains and/or to create new value chains by capitalising
- on the transformative power of cross-cutting technologies and service innovation,
- on all forms of creativity that help stimulate innovation, and/or
- on the potential of resource efficiency and the concept of the “circular economy” that shall lead to a more robust and resilient industrial landscape.
Specific activities (all mandatory)
- Mutual transnational policy learning.
- Cluster collaboration and networking activities.
- Entrepreneurial support activities through voucher schemes, service incubation or SME internationalisation.
Consortia shall include, without any geographic restriction, a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 partners from one or more CIP participating countries.
Applicants are requested to submit, in stage 1, a concise “concept note” of maximum five pages that shall outline the policy objective and systemic approach that is foreseen.
The budget available for this action is €4,250,000. After evaluation of the concept notes, a maximum of twelve proposals will be invited to present a full proposal, and of these a maximum of six applicants will be awarded a grant for a maximum of €708,333. Only the most promising proposals measured in terms of the best ranked proposals following evaluation on the basis of the established selection and award criteria will be retained for funding.
- Deadline for submitting applications (first stage): 17.04.2013 at 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)
- Information to applicants about the evaluation results (first stage): 11.07.2013 (indicative)
- Deadline for submitting applications (second stage): 22.08.2013 (indicative)
- Information to applicants about the evaluation results: 29.10.2013 (indicative)
- Signature of grant agreement or notification of grant decision: 29.11.2013 (indicative)
- Starting date of the action: 06.01.2014