Recently I read a really interesting post titled Business Model Analysis & the Link to Strategy about one possible way how to use the Business Model Canvas in a larger organization.
- find out and map different views within your firm of the role your (or other) team should be filling,
- map out Business Model for each view using Business Model Canvas,
- learn about and map the differences between the different business models.
Lessons to be learned
- You can’t pick a little bit of each business model.
- Why not use multiple business models?
- Which business model is right is a strategic decision.
Business Model Analysis & the Link to Strategy by Tim Kastelle, blog Innovation Leadership Network