My today’s contribution is based on two articles of Mark Stevens and Tom Hopkins. They are both giving some advice on how to become a better sales representative and I’ll try to make an informative summary.
Here are some of the characteristics of sales pros:
- There shouldn’t be salesperson and civilian version of you. There should be only one you.
- Be you. Imperfections are not a reason why people won’t do business with you, they only give you transparency.
- Tell your prospects/clients even what they don’t want to hear. In the long term, you’ll be seen as the reliable one.
- Always be proud. Salesperson is the “prince of the company”. Radiate confidence and strength with everything that you do.
- Prospect are not doing you a favour by meeting you. You are the one that has experience, knowledge, ideas and solutions. They need you.
I find this one interesting and snot so common in our area:.
- Sell yourself before the initial meeting. Send a prospect a copy of your article, award, a media clip – anything that distinguishes your importance.
- A burning desire to prove something to someone.
- Interest in others and empathy
- Focus on goals
- Be enthusiastic through difficult situations. Avoid anger, negative thinking and jealousy and focus your energy on positive attitude.
- Understand that people come before money.
- Never stop investing in your mind.